Birding Photography Blog – Red-faced mousebirds from the sunken hide
What an awesome image of three red-faced mousebirds by Gonnie Myburgh. The image was captured from the sunken bird hide at Indlovu River Lodge, during a Birding Photography Course hosted by well-known birding photography expert, Albert Froneman.
Birding photography from a hide certainly has numerous advantages to capturing images while on a vehicle or on foot.
Below are the top 5 reasons Anna-Mart Kruger lists as her reasons for using a hide to improve your wildlife and birding photography:
1. You are guaranteed to walk away with stunning images.
2. A hide is ideal if you have limited time available for a photography trip.
3. You can get very close to your regular wildlife and bird species, as well as more elusive species.
4. You can get that eye-level shot, which is not always possible from a safari vehicle.
5. You are safe and protected from dangerous wildlife.
Read more about Anna-Mart’s views by clicking here.
For more information on the Birding Photography Safari Packages at Indlovu, click here.
For more information about our next Photographic Course, contact Louisa at
Lodge: +27 (0) 15 383 9918 or on email: email@example.com