Details and entry info
WELCOME TO THE 2017 AMATEUR WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION!
The competition runs for four months from 1 April 2017 to 31 July 2017.
The winner in each category will receive a VIP entry to the Wild Shots Photography Symposium in Cape Town on 23 September 2017, as well as a R 3 000 cash prize.
This year, the competition consists of the following 6 categories: CLICK TO VIEW current entries
HOW TO ENTER:
- Entries must be e-mailed to [email protected] with the following subject line: Photo Competition
- Only five entries per person per month.
- Only one photograph per e-mail.
- Each photograph must be entered as an attachment to the e-mail, and may not be attached inline.
- Title of the photograph should be used as the file name.
- The following information should be in the body of the e-mail.
- Full name
- E-mail address.
- Contact number.
- Title of the photograph.
- The exact location of the photograph.
- The date the photograph was taken.
- Brief scene description.
- Exposure settings, camera and lens used.
- Photographs will be submitted continually in each category, and will be available for votes on Facebook
- The photo with the most Facebook Likes in each category by 1 August, will be the category winner. All 6 winners will be announced on 1 August 2017.
- A particular photographer may only win one category. If he/she receives the most Facebook Likes in more than one category, he/she will win the category for which his/her photo received the most Likes. He/she will then not be taken into account for the other categories.
- The overall winner, will be selected among all 6 categories by a panel of judges. This winner will also be announced on 1 August 2017.
WHAT CAN I ENTER?
- This year, photos of any of the African Big 5 may be entered.
- The Creative Big 5 Category is open for any open minded interpretation of the Big 5 - be it a photo of LIONS Head mountain, a RHINO beetle, an ELEPHANT plush toy or your neighbour as an angry BUFFALO - the sky is the limit!
- Photos may have been taken anywhere in Africa.
WHAT IS THE WINNING CRITERIA?
- Overall impact
- Technical excellence
- Artistic merit
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
- Colour as well as black and white photographs will be accepted. Each photograph must be submitted as
high-resolution (at least 240dpi) JPEG and not exceed 3MB in size.
- While moderate editing will be allowed, each entry must be authentic, must be the photographer’s original work and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- Each entry must accurately reflect the subject matter as it appeared in the viewfinder when the image was captured. Each entry should not be digitally enhanced beyond the basics required to achieve realistic colour balance, sharpness and contrast.
- Cropping – Cropping is acceptable, but not to the extent that this degrades the quality of the image.
- HDR images – “High dynamic range” images are eligible, however all exposure and post-processing details must be submitted along with the HDR entry.
- Panoramas – Panoramas or stitched images are allowed.
- No borders, watermarks or text on the photograph.
- You will be required to submit the original RAW files for judging in the finals.
WHAT HAPPENS WITH MY PHOTOGRAPH?
- The copyright of all entered photographs will remain with the copyright holder. Each entrant grants Indlovu River Lodge a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish and communicate their entered photographs to the public through our social media channels – website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. In all cases images used in this way will be credited to the photographer. No remuneration will be offered.