Wildlife Photography Competition 2018
It’s about more than just a photograph...
As wildlife photographers, we run the risk of becoming ‘postcard photographers’ who simply pick up our cameras to photograph whatever we see in front of us. Yes, postcards are generally beautiful, but all they really ‘tell’ you is what you saw.
What about where it was and what it was doing? How did you feel while you took the photo?
That’s the theme of this year’s competition: it’s about more than just a photograph.
We’re looking for photos that tell a story and that capture or evoke emotion. Carefully browse through your photos for images that match our four brand new categories. Even better, conceptualise a shot, go out and create it. Wildlife photography should be a challenge, a passion and, most importantly, an adventure!
Indlovu River Lodge and At Close Quarters – Safari Specialists, are proud to be a part of your photographic journey.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE CATEGORIES:
HOW TO ENTER:
- Please send your photos to [email protected] (only one photo per category per month!)
- One image per email - please use category as subject.
- Like the following two Facebook pages: Indlovu River Lodge - Big 5 Photographic Game Reserve and At Close Quarters - Safari Specialists.
- Each photograph must be entered as an attachment to the e-mail.
- The following information should be in the body of the e-mail:
- Your e-mail address
- Your full name
- A contact phone number.
- The competition will run from 1 March 2018 to 30 August 2018 with winner announced end of September.
- Photographs submitted in March will be on our Facebook page during April for judging.
- Share your photograph and ask your friends to like your photo on the Indlovu River Lodge Facebook page to come into contention for the R500 cash prize for Public Favourite. Winner will be announced on the 5th of the following month.
- Monthly winners will be picked in each category
- Public Favourite Most Facebook Likes - R500 cash and of course the all-important bragging rights that is part and parcel of being a winner.
- Judges' choice - Three Udemy online courses that will take your photography from beginner level to where you can earn extra income by selling your photos online. Winning photos will also come in contention for the Grand prize.
- 4 Night Guided Photographic Safari for two at Indlovu River Lodge worth R40 000-00!
- You may only enter one image per category per month.
- No director, member, partner, employee of Indlovu River Lodge or At Close Quarters – Safari Specialists or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, may participate in the competition.
- Entries in categories 1, 2 and 3 may also be black & white.
- Only images of environments and animals endemic to Southern Africa may be entered.
- Basic processing of images (exposure, white balance, contrast, clarity, sharpness, etc.) in Photoshop or Lightroom is allowed, but not the removal of objects from the scene or the unnatural manipulation of the images.
WHAT HAPPENS WITH MY PHOTOGRAPH?
The copyright of all entered photographs will remain with the copyright holder. Each entrant grants Indlovu River Lodge and At Close Quarters a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, publish and communicate their entered photographs to the public through our social media channels – website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. In all cases images used in this way will be credited to the photographer. No remuneration will be offered.